Volunteer OPPORTUNITY in Nepal
- Year after year we return to Nepal to conduct dental and medical outreaches for the Sherpa people. This year we will return to Ratnapur, a remote village in the Annapurna Region. In 2010 we took 125 volunteers to Ratnapur and treated 4,229 patients in three days; an awesome accomplishment considering the primitive conditions. Our outreach included general medicine, gynecological, dental, ophthalmology, sanitation awareness classes, children’s art creation program and other humanitarian services.
- We begin this year’s journey in Kathmandu, Nepal on May 1, 2017 and end with the return to Los Angeles on May 14, 2017. From February 6th through the 10th our medical and dental professionals will treat patients, mostly orphan children, at the Kantipur General Hospital/Dental College, and teach medical and dental students in a variety of disciplines.
- You don’t have to be a medical or dental professional to participate. Our kids (those we treat), need your love, affection and mentoring. You can be as creative as you please; teach art, read a story, play games, or just talk.
- For those who wish to take part in the second week of our outreach, our team of volunteers will board a small airplane and fly to Pokhara on Saturday, February 11th. This is an epic 45 minute flight with majestic views of the snowcapped peaks of the tallest mountains in the world; the Himalayas. Pokhara is nestled beneath the snow-crested Annapurna 125 miles west of Kathmandu. It is surrounded by seven beautiful lakes in a fertile valley. Pokhara is our most favorite retreat. After spending the night, we will take a bus or 4 X 4’s for a four hour drive north to Ratnapur and pitch tents. Ratnapur is course and lacks the basics of western toilets, running water and the usual comforts of home. Nonetheless, we will be entertained by local villagers, raft the river, fish and relax for a few days before returning to Pokhara. You must love to camp for this exciting excursion. For those who prefer the comfort of a soft bed and daily shower, you can choose to remain in Pokhara and enjoy sightseeing, boating on the lake, daily trekking, hang gliding or simply relaxing with breathtaking views of the mountains.
- At the end of your trip we will provide you with a tax deductible, charitable contribution, for your travel expenses as a volunteer to our outreach.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Contact us today and we will email you more information, a trip application and estimated cost to volunteer for this exciting opportunity to travel, make new friends and help others in need.