VIETNAM ENGLISH TEACHING OPPORTUNITY
July 10th – July 30th, 2017
- This year, from July 10th through 30th, Rescue Humanity is conducting a 3 week conversational English teaching clinic to high school and college students in the mountain resort of Dalat, Vietnam. The clinic is held at the Don Bosco Monastery. Our students love to learn about life in America; school, shopping, music, art and food. Since none of the students have ever traveled outside Vietnam or their own province, they are fascinated by what we can tell them about America and our lifestyle.
- Volunteer teachers can participate in 3, 5, 10 or 20 days teaching opportunities. We will tailor your trip to meet your specific timing and travel needs.
- We arrange all ground travel, hotel and transportation. We can also arrange international flights for you.
- Dalat became a popular summer retreat for French colonists seeking a cool escape from the heat of the Highlands and coast during the monsoon season. Today, Dalat attracts thousands of honeymooners and tourists to the cool mountains, fresh air and beautiful scenery. Dalat is known for its fresh produce, wine and great food. Nestled in the lee of a tall hillside and surrounded by rows of café’s, Dalat Central Market is among the largest in the country. A short drive from Dalat are the spectacular Dambri and Bo Bla Falls.
- We will also be visiting the historic town of Hoi An, a rich cultural heritage and designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It features long, narrow tube houses, Chinese pagodas and ornate family shrines; a “must see” in Vietnam. There is plenty of shopping and a good many restaurants in town.
- Our journey will take us to Da Nang. Da Nang boasts one the most beautiful beach one can imagine with sugar white sand as far as you can see in each direction (famous China Beach). Da Nang is Vietnam’s third largest city but not a major destination yet. It has become our favorite places to visit. Our hotel is located across the street from the beach. The water temperature is about 90 degrees; you will never want to leave. You also have the option to join us for a to visit the Special Ed. School with 240 deaf-mute, mentally handicapped, cerebral palsy, and autism students. We will participate in playing games, sports, music and other activities that you are passionate about.
- Because we are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit, we can provide you with a tax deductible receipt for your travel and volunteer expenses.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Contact us today and we will email you more information, a trip application and estimated cost to volunteer for this exciting opportunity to travel, make new friends and help others in need.